Tuesday 7 December 2010

Nice things: Moccis

I recently bought my daughter some little slippers from Twist in Balham, which I have had my eye on since they moved into their new shop. She was getting cold feet in just socks, but I didn't want her wearing her shoes all of the time, as they aren't really suitable for indoor play. They cost £18, so I was more than slightly nervous as to whether they would actually stay on (seeing as she pulls socks off all of the time). But, I can safely say that, after 2 weeks, she has only pulled one of them off once, and her feet are lovely and warm! She has even learnt to say slipper, and penguin (they have cute penguins on the toes). It seems we bought them at just the right time to beat the recent cold snap. They are from a company called Moccis, I have put a link on the right. I was even more excited today to discover that they do adult sizes, and my slippers have got holes in the back... Very tempting.. They are basically thick socks in a variety of designs with washable leather stitched on to make the soles, like moccasins. The leather means that they don't slip, so my daughter is able to walk (and run..) around like usual. I was not surprised to read on their website that they had been designed by the mummy of a toddler! Anyway, we find them the perfect answer to cold toddler feet this winter.

Still able to cause mayhem in new slippers

No comments:

Post a Comment