Friday 10 December 2010

Need 5 mins to yourself? Or: I have created a monster!

We recently discovered the "songs" page on the cbeebies website. This was because my daughter was singing parts of the "Hey Monkey" song from Boogie Beebies on a loop, so I thought we might as well find out the words. Little did I know this would mean we had to watch the song on a loop, possibly up to a million times a day. We branched out to Tom's Song and MoMo's song from Show Me Show Me occasionally, and we sometimes watched 3rd & Bird. This gave me the idea of buying a DVD of the programmes and copying them onto my computer, so that we could watch them at any time, and could transfer them to phones/ipad for mobile watching. I might even get 5 minutes to myself for a nice hot cup of tea. I had a look on Amazon, and was surprised but pleased to find a selection of Boogie Beebies DVDs. I choose the one with "Hey Monkey" on, of course, for £2.97. Boogie Beebies - Your Chance To Dance! [DVD] I also decided to get a cbeebies DVD, with a selection of programmes, and found one for £3.99.
The Cbeebies: Discover and Do [DVD] contains the following episodes.
Get Squiggling – Bloodhound
Tikkabilla – Dressing Up & Houses
Teletubbies – Bubble Pictures
Balamory – Treasure Hunt
Charlie and Lola – I wish I could draw exactly like you
Boogie Beebies – Building
Tweenies – Growing Bulbs
Big Cook Little Cook – Explorer
Fimbles – Cardboard Box
I must admit that we hadn't watched Tikkabilla, Tweenies or Fimbles, and that my daughter shows little interest in Charlie and Lola, but I thought there were enough programmes on it that would interest her.

Watching Space Walking for the first time on the iPad, when all was calm...
So far today we have watched Balamory 20 times (mostly to about 2 minutes in), and the intro to most of the other episodes. From the Boogie Beebies DVD we have watched each dance once, and the Ocean Motion dance around 30 times (no interest in Hey Monkey anymore..). But, I think I have created a monster, she now stands at the iPad shouting "ory" (for Balamory) or FISH (For Ocean Motion) repeatedly... I have not had a cup of tea...



No comments:

Post a Comment