Tuesday 14 December 2010

Baby Pictures

I have recently been for a session at a portrait studio to get some less blurry photos of my daughter. This isn't the sort of thing I would usually do, and when my husband couldn't come I wasn't too bothered as it meant I didn't have to be in the photos either... I was talked into it at the Baby Show at Earls Court in October, and for a fee of £10 (including a photo in a frame) and a promise that it was a no obligation session I thought "why not?". I was expecting to be talked into buying more photos, but I thought if they were good then it might be worth it. I was prepared for the ridiculous prices, but we all think our children are beautiful, right? I have to say, despite the talk of no obligation, I don't think you could walk away without buying anything.
The session itself was brilliant fun. They were really good at working with a child, and spent over an hour taking pictures in different outfits and with different props. When we had finished we went into a small room with a large TV and watched a slide show of over 120 photos, which an assistant had been compiling whilst the session was happening. I had to decide whether to buy any or all of them there and then. I think they fully expect you to want to buy a CD of all of the photos of the session, but at £295 this did seem a bit expensive. The individual prints are priced at £40, possibly to make the CD seem like the better deal, and don't include the copyright to the images. However, after phoning my husband, we decided to buy 3 prints, and leave it at that. The lady then explained in great detail that "the reason people love us is that we do a CD of all the images, then you can buy your own prints anywhere" and that I could make a calendar for family and friends, or a mug, or a mousemat.. But I stuck to the 3 prints, paid for them and was just about to leave, when she said I could still buy the CD if I change my mind, for £200. Now, the question is, have I changed my mind?...

No comments:

Post a Comment